In Illinois, cars and other passenger vehicles share freeways such as I-290/Eisenhower Expressway with an increasing number of heavy trucks. However, if there is an accident, we do not share in the damages. Truck drivers typically walk away from collisions, while the people in passenger vehicles suffer devastating injuries.
At Healy Scanlon Law Firm in Chicago, our lawyers hold truck drivers and their employers accountable when their negligence injures or kills innocent people. We have obtained numerous multimillion-dollar recoveries for accident victims, including many verdicts and settlements over $20 million. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
Truck Driver Negligence In I-290/Eisenhower Expressway Accidents
Examples of truck driver negligence that can lead to accidents include:
- Violation of trucking regulations such as those requiring truck drivers to take periodic rest breaks to prevent fatigue.
- Reckless operation such as speeding, sudden lane changes and unsafe passing
- Truck driver tailgating, which can lead to catastrophic rear-end collisions when traffic slows
- Driving overweight trucks, which can make the vehicle hard to stop and control
- Using electronic equipment such as electronic logbooks while driving
- Operating a truck while using drugs to stay awake
Deregulation of the trucking industry has led many trucking companies to put profits ahead of highway safety. Our attorneys have gained a reputation for making trucking companies pay when they break the law to increase their bottom line.
Contact Our Eisenhower Expressway Accident Attorneys
There is never a charge to discuss your case with one of our Illinois I-290 truck accident attorneys. Evening and weekend consultations are available. To speak to us, call 312-324-0409 or send us an e-mail.
Se habla español.