While new drugs undergo clinical trials to ensure they are safe and effective, sometimes medications with dangerous side effects get past the Food and Drug Administration approval process. Unfortunately, once a drug is approved by the FDA, pharmaceutical companies are focused more on drug sales than on patient safety. As a result, many drug companies continue to sell products even if dangerous side effects become known.
At The Healy Law Firm in Chicago, our lawyers hold pharmaceutical companies accountable when they sell drugs that cause serious injury and death. Our goal is to make the cost of paying compensation to victims so high that drug companies will put patient safety above short-term profits.
There is a long list of prescription and over-the-counter drugs that are known to have dangerous side effects. The following are some examples:
- Birth control drugs such as the Ortho Evra patch and Yaz Birth Control
- Cholesterol lowering drugs such as Mevacor and Zocor
- Blood thinning agents such as Warfarin or Coumadin
- Weight loss drugs such as Meridia
- Anti-anxiety medications such as Prozac
- Heart medication such as Darvocet and Digitek
- Smoking cessation drugs such as Chantix
- ADD/ADHD drugs such as Ritalin and Adderall
- Osteoporosis drugs such as Fosamax, Boniva and Actonel
- Prescription pain killers such as Darvon, Darvocet, OxyContin and Percocet
- Type 2 diabetes medications such as Avandia, Byetta and Glucotrol
- Arthritis medications such as Celebrex
- Psoriasis and other skin condition drugs such as Raptiva
No matter what prescription drug caused your injury, our attorneys offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
Contact an Illinois Harmful Medication Lawyer
There is never a charge to discuss your case with a Chicago prescription drug side effects lawyer at our firm. Evening and weekend consultations are available. To speak to us, call 312-324-0409 (800-787-5431 toll free) or send us an e-mail. Se habla español.